Friday, September 10, 2010

week 2, so far.

So this isn't at all what I had in mind. I haven't pushed any of these yet. I didn't do anything we talked about. i started with one, but then i started the next as that dried, and the next as that dried, some have 2-3 layers, but I'm still not sure where any of them are going. they are 4"x6", 6"x6", and 8"x6". I'm going to try starting one and finishing it without getting wrapped into anything else. I seem to be overwhelmed by all of the options/factors/pieces, so I'm not getting any clarity or closure. So I'll keep working these to see what comes out, but I'll also try to actually do what you assigned/suggested. I'm so all over the map right now I'm getting a little frustrated. I haven't been able to let go and just have fun, but don't worry, I'll keep at it.
























This last one is a photograph I found. I have several of them for this series, different poses, and multiples. I found them in a house I was helping one of my former students clean out. The guy who owned the stuff died. I'm not sure the legal ramifications of this kind of thing, though... but it was the most fun thing i've worked on so far.

1 comment:

 

ds2: Mixed Media Compositions © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates