Wednesday, September 8, 2010

week 1, more.



In process and I have somewhat of a plan on what to do next:


The brainstorming is getting more specific.
oil sticks, paper, photocopies, magazine cut outs,  acrylic.


I want to try going at it, working with a drawing and adding media. It seems like this should be a possibility but it also feels a little contrived so I want to do a whole series like this and see if i can get comfortable with it. mixed media. 8"x12".


drawing, pastel on paper, 6"x6.



Drawing with some of the media I will use, various papers.




In process and I don't know what to do next, yet:


This is a scale shot so you can see the range of sizes I'm working with



9"x12". acrylic, water soluble crayon,  and pastel on paper


This shot shows the color relationship better, than this one. I haven't worked on it anymore yet.


This is just a beginning. I don't have any intention for it yet, just using leftover paint, I find it easier to start works on existing unrelated paintings, more interesting and complex works come out of that process. So this is just an underlayer.



Finished, but I may work on again or use for a different project:



8"x10". acrylic, water soluble crayons on paper
This isn't offending me, but it's also not exciting me either, might make a good first layer for something else.



This is awkward but I like the simplicity. But maybe I'm just feeling this aesthetic because of sketchbooking so much lately.



I'm coming to terms with the fact that the schedule I made is just a skeleton, and my process doesn't work in a way where I can plan out when things are finished. I'm just going to keep starting images and eventually some will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

ds2: Mixed Media Compositions © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates